If you are planning on visiting Gijón on these dates… Get your diary out! We have put together a brief summary where you will find various activities for all tastes and ages.
- A programme of solemn religious ceremonies will be held between 11th and 21st April: masses, processions, choral concerts and the like.
- If you’re travelling with the family, you will love the Atlantic Botanic Gardens. The kids can also enjoy the Easter School Vacations: an experience spread over three mornings (14th, 15th and 16th April) with English and Nature taking centre stage. An opportunity for immersion in the language in a privileged environment!
- Another option if you are traveling with children but prefer to “take the plunge” into the seas are the children’s activities organized by Gijón Aquarium, also on 14th, 15th and 16th April. Three days living incredible adventures, exploring the oceans and seas.
- The Network of Municipal Museums has planned several free guided tours which will enable you to get to know the Archaeological Museum, the Museum of Fine Arts, etc., visit exhibitions, participate in workshops or become acquainted with Cider Culture, among other activities.
- And, naturally, in a city with a hearty gastronomic tradition, we have prepared a Gastronomic Week entitled “A Procession of Flavours”. Take note, though! The options multiply here… though we recommend not missing any single one: pinchos (finger food) and tapas, traditional cuisine, 5-star cuisine and the cider bus.
- Making the most of the 30 Days by Bike initiative that will be taking place throughout the month of April aimed at promoting the daily use of the bicycle, there will also be a series of related activities.
- And to literally put the icing on the cake… a Pastry Shop Window Competition and an Easter Cake Competition. (It is a tradition in Asturias for godparents to give their godchildren a “cake” or other kind of present at Easter)
We look forward to seeing you!